• WWW.CLICK2HOUSTON.COM
    Cardinals manager Marmol buys tickets for fans to continue shirtless revelry at Busch Stadium
    St. Louis Cardinals manager Oliver Marmol believes in the no shirt, no problem mantra.His club was boosted to a win over the Royals Friday night and again on Saturday by a group of college players in the right-field seats who took off and waved their shirts as they sang, chanted and drew others into the fray.Marmol loved it so much that he bought tickets for shirtless revelers this weekend.Last nights atmosphere was electric. Lets run it back this weekend, Marmol said in a social media post. Ill buy tickets for fans who want to sit in the right field Loge and bring the energy.It all began when the Stephen F. Austin club baseball team, known as the Lumberjacks, was in nearby Alton, Illinois, for the National Club Baseball Division II World Series. The Cardinals offered tickets to the team, and 17 players attended.By the time Yohel Pozo hit a walk-off single in the 11th inning, the Lumberjacks had other fans and even the mascot Fredbird joining in on the ruckus.Whoever started that in right field, Ill do whatever I need to do to make sure they come every game, Marmol said Friday night. Because that was awesome. Not only them, but everybody that showed up today. That was a fun environment.The college players were back Saturday, when they shouted Marmol's name numerous times along with M-V-P! when Jordan Walker came to bat. Other fans in the stadium joined in on the fun.I heard it pretty clear, Marmol said. Welcome back to Busch. It was cool to see them back. The environment was awesome. We feed off that.Will he keep buying tickets?I'll go broke, Marmol quipped.The tarps off trend celebrating by taking a shirt off and waving it is not new to sports, but it was to Busch Stadium.Friday night's fans may have inadvertently created a new tradition.The fans sang soccer chants and shouted players names. The stadium organist, Dwayne Hilton, played accompanying music and got everyone involved.The party had grown to multiple sections by the 11th inning.It creates an environment where, its not only filling this place up, its making it a tough place for other teams to come in and play, Marmol said Friday. That was pretty damn cool. Ill sign up for that, any day.The Cardinals said Marmol bought right-field tickets for both games this weekend, and all of them were snapped up by Saturday afternoon.The Lumberjacks returned to Busch Stadium after a come-from-behind 9-8 win over Stony Brook earlier in the day.St. Louis beat Kansas City 4-2 on Saturday and the Cardinals rewarded the Lumberjacks, who were given swag bags of hats and shirts.They also were invited into the clubhouse and Marmol's office after the game. Several Cardinals posed for photos with them and some even gave away bats and baseballs.Masyn Winn, who is in his third full season, marveled at the energy in the stadium.I've never been in a playoff but this was a playoff atmosphere, Winn said. It's hard not to have fun when the fans are like that. We've got the best fans in the world but it seems like the younger generation makes it more like a college atmosphere. I think it's good for the game.Freshman pitcher Caleb Cummings, of League City, Texas, couldn't believe his good fortune. I don't even know what to say, Cummings said. It's the coolest thing that's ever happened to me. We're in the clubhouse. It's just crazy. The Cardinals are a great organization and led by a great manager.Cummings is a St. Louis fan now.I didn't think I'd ever switch. I'm a diehard Astros fan but man, the Cardinals just showed me so much this weekend, Cummings said.The college crew may be back Sunday, but they have their own game to play at 7 p.m. ___AP MLB: https://apnews.com/hub/mlb
    0 Comentários 0 Compartilhamentos 85 Visualizações 0 Anterior
  • WWW.GBNEWS.COM
    Police Scotland take aim at Celtic and call for 'more accountability' after fan disorder during title celebrations
    Police Scotland has called on Celtic to be "more accountable" following fan disorder during the side's title celebrations.Hundreds of fans poured onto the pitch after Callum Osmand netted into an empty Hearts net to secure the title for Celtic, while others took to the streets of Glasgow.Assistant Chief Constable Mark Sutherland said: "On this issue, more must be done. Celtic must be more accountable, supported by the local authority with police, to ensure there is safe spaces for people to celebrate, that are licensed, controlled. And this level of disorder that our officers have faced doesn't happen again."When asked if there is anger from the police force towards Celtic, he said: "Absolutely. I have two officers injured this morning. I have many more officers who have had rest days cancelled. Over 400 people had to have their rest day cancelled. Next year, we must have a better plan and a better contingency, so that there's not such a big impact on our officers and staff."TRENDINGStoriesVideosYour SayPolice Scotland confirmed officers are "engaging" with Hearts if any of their "players were assaulted" during Celtic's pitch invasion.Hearts noted "deeply disturbing reports of serious physical and verbal abuse towards our players and staff, both on the pitch and elsewhere" during the invasion.Following the incident, Police Scotland released a statement saying: "We are engaging with Heart of Midlothian FC to establish if any of their players were assaulted on the pitch at the conclusion of the event. The circumstances of the incident are being reviewed."Despite having 30 seconds left of stoppage time, the match did not restart, with Hearts players quickly leaving the pitch.Following the match, Hearts said: "The pitch invasion caused a chaotic end, and nobody seemed to know whether or not the match had been brought to a finish."LATEST SPORTS NEWSChelsea confirm appointment of Xabi Alonso as new manager at Stamford BridgeMan City star Antoine Semenyo scores sensational FA Cup winner as Chelsea land horror recordConor McGregor's UFC return confirmed as MMA star set to fight for first time in five yearsHearts condemned the "shameful scenes", describing it as a "menacing and threatening atmosphere inside the stadium".The club added: "We expect the strongest action possible to be taken by the footballing authorities in the interests of protecting the safety of players and supporters, and the integrity of our game."Hearts confirmed it is "investigating this fully and are in dialogue with Police Scotland".Police officers were left injured after "serious disorder" broke out among Celtic fans in Glasgow last night.Fans were spotted scaling traffic lights and other street furniture with riot police bussed in to disperse the crowds as the evening went on.Police Scotland confirmed bottles and other missiles were hurled at officers who had entered the crowd to respond to a medical emergency.The streets were largely cleared of people by around 7.30pm, although piles of litter remained.Assistant Chief Constable Mark Sutherland said most fans had heeded appeals to behave responsibly but laid into those who caused carnage."Once again, we have seen unacceptable levels of violence and anti-social behaviour, and Police Scotland's officers have been left to deal with the consequences," he said."Being assaulted is not part of the job, and regrettably, a number of them were injured."The levels of criminal behaviour witnessed, in particular the hostility directed towards our officers, is simply unacceptable and cannot be tolerated."Those involved should be in no doubt that they will be identified and arrested."Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter
    0 Comentários 0 Compartilhamentos 117 Visualizações 0 Anterior
  • WWW.BBC.COM
    Probe over claims royal police officers slept on duty
    Officers protecting the Royal Family in Berkshire investigated over allegations of sleeping on duty.
    0 Comentários 0 Compartilhamentos 117 Visualizações 0 Anterior
  • WWW.BBC.COM
    'We're right on track,' says Streeting as key target for hospital waiting times hit
    Government his its interim target of 65% of patients in England being treated within 18 weeks.
    0 Comentários 0 Compartilhamentos 113 Visualizações 0 Anterior
  • WWW.FOXNEWS.COM
    Casino resorts in Nevada location, once packed, become ghost town as closure nears
    A Nevada location once thrived with multiple casinos, hotels, restaurants and plenty of outlet shopping.Today, the town of Primm will have its last casino hotel close on July 4 putting 344 people out of work, according to Fox 5 Las Vegas as well as other outlets."In Nevada, we have a lot of old mining towns where, when the boom ended, or they had used up whatever precious metal they were looking for, everybody cleared out," Michael Green, associate professor of history at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV), told Fox News Digital."Primm, I think, could end up being the first gambling ghost town," he said.MAN DISCOVERS 'GHOST TOWN' FULL OF EMPTY, EERIE HOTELS: 'LIKE A TIME CAPSULE'Located on the California-Nevada border, Primm is a 38-mile drive south from the Las Vegas Strip.Since the 1970s, travelers driving to and from Vegas or seeking a less-expensive Sin City-style experience made Primm a booming place, SFGate reported.In December 2024, however, the first of the three casinos in the Primm Valley Casino Resorts complex closed.The shuttering of Whiskey Petes was followed by Buffalo Bills Resort & Casino limiting its operations to special events in July 2025.When it shuts down this summer, the Primm Valley Casino Resorts will terminate access to the 624 hotel rooms and suites, 46,000 square feet of entertainment and more than 300 slot machines it advertises, according to Fox 5.AMERICANS CHOOSING TO VISIT SMALLER TOWNS OVER BIG CITIES AS TRAVEL COSTS RISEPrimm Valley Casino Resorts' parent company, Affinity Gaming,informed staff earlier this month of their termination and told them to vacate company housing by July 6, according to an 8NewsNow.com report.The company informed employees it would cease charging them rent on May 15 and offered to help coordinate government assistance, according to a letter issued to tenants and published by 8NewsNow.In addition to the three casinos, the Primm Center gas station and Flying J truck stop will also close, though the Primm family is reportedly working to keep the gas stations along the heavily traveled route open, Fox 5 said."Primm has seen a slow decline of the past 15 to 20 years, largely because of developmentin California and partly because of developmentin Las Vegas," Amanda Belarmino, associate professor of hospitality at UNLV, told Fox News Digital.CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER"The success of Native American casinos in Southern California led to a decline in visitation to the Primm casinos," Belarmino added."A lot of people used to stop there just becausethey were so excited to gamble once they got over the border. But since casinos are more readilyaccessible, Primm lost some of that appeal," she said.CLICK HERE FOR MORE LIFESTYLE STORIESThat's one reason Las Vegas started emphasizing the tourist experience as opposed to "just gambling," Green said.Primm did offer buffets, a roller coaster, concerts, a golf course and an exhibit dedicated to Bonnie and Clydes "death car," but "three hotels in that area were a bit too much," Green said.Business dropped substantially during COVID and never really recovered, Green added.In spite of online betting, casino gaming is not disappearing, said David G. Schwartz, UNLV professor and gaming historian.TEST YOURSELF WITH OUR LATEST LIFESTYLE QUIZ"Gambling is going to continue to parallel retail," Schwartz said. "People would buy paper towels online, but they might not buy a Lamborghini online.""When it comes to buying lottery tickets, it is probably more convenient to do that on your phone," Schwartz said.If people want to play a $20,000-hand of baccarat, they will likely want to do that in person, he said.Schwartz believes vacation resort destinations centered around gambling will shift toward other amenities."If you look at Las Vegas over the past 10 years, what have the big developments been?" Schwartz said."It's not necessarily been the casinos that have opened. It's been things like T-Mobile Arena, Allegiant Stadium, the Sphere. Non-gaming has really been the big news."
    0 Comentários 0 Compartilhamentos 105 Visualizações 0 Anterior
  • WWW.SPORTSCHAU.DE
    Live hren: SV 07 Elversberg gegen Preuen Mnster - 2. Bundesliga
    34. Spieltag: Anpfiff des Spiels ist am 17.05.2026 um 15:30 Uhr. Preuen Mnster spielt in Elversberg.[mehr]
    0 Comentários 0 Compartilhamentos 88 Visualizações 0 Anterior
  • WWW.OURSPORTSCENTRAL.COM
    Stampeders Open Pre-Season Slate Monday
    The Calgary Stampeders return to game action for the first time in 2026 with a pre-season visit from the Saskatchewan Roughriders on the Victoria Day ... - CFL Calgary Stampeders
    0 Comentários 0 Compartilhamentos 111 Visualizações 0 Anterior
  • WWW.OURSPORTSCENTRAL.COM
    Tacoma Falls, 6-3, in Extra Innings on Saturday Night
    TACOMA, WA - The Tacoma Rainiers (21-23) lost 6-3 to the Sugar Land Space Cowboys (20-24) in extra innings on Saturday. Gabe Mosser tossed 5.2 innings... - PCL Tacoma Rainiers
    0 Comentários 0 Compartilhamentos 109 Visualizações 0 Anterior
  • WWW.OURSPORTSCENTRAL.COM
    Fever Fall Short Despite Clark's Heroics
    INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Fever suffered a two-point loss in overtime to the Washington Mystics on Friday night. Caitlin Clark led the Fever with 32 ... - WNBA Indiana Fever
    0 Comentários 0 Compartilhamentos 108 Visualizações 0 Anterior
  • RMCSPORT.BFMTV.COM
    Robert Pirs de retour Metz? Le champion du monde 98 ouvre la porte
    Prsent Metz, club dans lequel il s'est rvl, Robert Pirs a t interrog dans le cadre dune vido ralise pour la chane "La Vrit en Marche". Lancien international franais, champion du monde 1998, a notamment indiqu si un retour chez les Grenats en tant que dirigeant est une option envisageable.
    0 Comentários 0 Compartilhamentos 106 Visualizações 0 Anterior