• 0 Comentários 0 Compartilhamentos 48 Visualizações 0 Anterior
  • 0 Comentários 0 Compartilhamentos 30 Visualizações 0 Anterior
  • Like
    1
    0 Comentários 0 Compartilhamentos 25 Visualizações 0 Anterior
  • WWW.FOXSPORTS.COM
    Josef Newgarden's 2026 Rebound Heads To Pivotal Indy 500
    Indianapolis Motor Speedway (Speedway, Ind.) Josef Newgarden won the season-ending race in 2025 at Nashville Superspeedway and still just appeared to want the season to end. "Im ready to go home," he said after the win. His mannerisms appeared of a driver who might have been over it, either at Team Penske or INDYCAR as a whole. The driver of the No. 2 Chevrolet had won the Indianapolis 500 in back-to-back years (2023 and 2024). He had won INDYCAR titles in 2017 and 2019 but was 12th in the standings in 2025. Now, six races into 2026, Newgarden seems relatively happy. He sits fifth in the standings with one win (the only oval race so far at Phoenix), two top-fives and four top-10s in six races. He starts the Indianapolis 500 on Sunday (12:30 p.m. ET on FOX) from the 23rd spot but was fastest in the final Indy 500 practice Friday. "I put up a fast lap," Newgarden said Friday in the post-practice news conference. "That's really all it is. It's always there is positivity to that in that when the car can do that lap, that is a good thing, but that's not the whole story when it comes to our race car. "I think we've been relatively solid all month. ... We've just got to make sure it's right as Sunday comes around." Thats Newgarden. If he has confidence, he isnt going to totally show it. Maybe he wants his competitors to think he could be a little bit down and out. He knows what he can do he made dramatic passes at the end of both of his wins in 2023 and 2024. He enters this Indy 500 feeling good. And the way he talks and his mannerisms indicate he's feeling better about his INDYCAR situation and his team. Of course, another Indy 500 win would give even more of that feel. "I sense a good rebalancing in a lot of ways," Newgarden said about the Penske program in talking to me and other reporters last week. "I see the light at the end of the tunnel. In so many respects, I see speed. I thought we had great speed in the race at Long Beach. ... I feel the progress. "I feel like we're getting back into a rhythm and a lot of respect. So that's, that's a good thing. I think that's what needs to happen. In a lot of ways, we just need to continue to get better throughout the year. If we can do that. I think we'll be in a good place by the end of it." Newgarden entered 2026 rejuvenated and adamant that he was happy at Team Penske, an organization under the leadership of Jonathan Diuguid, who took over the INDYCAR operation last June after an overhaul of the Penske INDYCAR leadership. Diuguid served as Newgardens strategist for the 2024 Indy 500 win. And he and Newgarden had some tough discussions in the offseason. "If you ask anybody, he was probably cold at the end of last year, but I think he was under a lot of different stresses and things like that and just wanted to have offseason reset," Diuguid told me last week. "And I truly believe he did have an offseason reset, and he showed up at [the opener at] St Petersburg ready to race." Diuguid said the key for him was to allow Newgarden (and all the Penske drivers) to focus on driving. That he and the management team have to do their jobs to keep the drivers from worrying about managing any personnel and being more front and center in answering the questions of why the team is struggling, as it did last year. "[We had] some very difficult, very frank conversations through October, November, after the season ended last year," Diuguid said. "Josef was able to tell me and a few others on his perception of the situation and where we needed to improve. "And hopefully he would feel that we've responded to a large portion of those. Weve got a strong development path. His focus has been improving his performance on road courses, street courses, and we've seen some light at the end of tunnel there." Newgarden stresses some things havent changed in the sense of the quality of the people that have been put around him at Team Penske. Diuguid is his full-time strategist and Luke Mason has remained his engineer. "You get to work a lot of different people in the group," Newgarden said during a news conference last week. "You always hope you get to work with different people in certain capacities. Jonathan was one of these guys, I would love to work with Jonathan. I had a great engineer already. "Funny how it cycles around. You see strengths in everybody within this group. What I'm trying contextualize for you is that there might be movements within the organization, but to me it feels the same every day I walk in the door." And he says thats a good thing. "I love being a part of this organization," Newgarden said during a news conference last week. "I love working with my teammates. That's really what drives me every day. "We have a great group of people that are constantly pushing each other forward. ... I love working with the people on this team."
    0 Comentários 0 Compartilhamentos 13 Visualizações 0 Anterior
  • IPL 2026: Mumbai Indians Announce Replacements For Quinton De Kock, Raj Bawa
    Five-time champions Mumbai Indians (MI) have signed Mahipal Lomror and Ruchit Ahir as replacements for Quinton de Kock and Raj Angad Bawa, who were previously ruled out of the remainder of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2026 season due to various injuries.
    0 Comentários 0 Compartilhamentos 22 Visualizações 0 Anterior
  • WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM
    Oliver McBurnie's last-gasp goal seals Hull City Premier League return in playoff final win over Middlesbrough
    The goal was scored in the 95th minute of the final and sends the Tigers to the English first division
    0 Comentários 0 Compartilhamentos 23 Visualizações 0 Anterior
  • SPORTS.YAHOO.COM
    Bruno Fernandes crowned Premier League Player of the Season
    Bruno Fernandes has capped off a remarkable campaign by being named the Premier Leagues Player of the Season after leading Manchester United back into the UEFA Champions League. The Portuguese midfielder has been at the heart of Uniteds resurgence this season, combining leadership with elite creativity in the final third. Fernandes registered his 20th assist of the league campaign last weekend, drawing level with two Premier League legends for the most assists in a single season. He now shares the record with Thierry Henry, who achieved the feat for Arsenal during the 2002-03 season, and former Manchester City playmaker Kevin De Bruyne, who matched the tally in 2019-20. Fernandes still has the opportunity to make history outright when United face Brighton & Hove Albion in their final league game on Sunday. The award adds to an already memorable month for the Portugal international, who was also recognised earlier this May as Englands Footballer of the Year by the Football Writers Association. With goals, assists and influential performances throughout the campaign, Fernandes has played a central role in Manchester Uniteds successful push to return to Europes top competition.
    0 Comentários 0 Compartilhamentos 26 Visualizações 0 Anterior
  • WWW.ESPN.COM
    Hull City wins scandal-plagued playoff, up to EPL
    Hull City have been promoted to the Premier League after a 1-0 win the Championship playoff final against Middlesbrough on Saturday at Wembley Stadium
    0 Comentários 0 Compartilhamentos 19 Visualizações 0 Anterior
  • WWW.DAILYMAIL.COM
    CELTIC 3 DUNFERMLINE 1: Martin O'Neill pulls off miraculous league and Scottish Cup double... and stakes strong claim to stay on as manager
    Quite how a season that once looked certain to be sucked into a black hole ended with a second lump of silverware glinting in the Hampden sunlight still takes a bit of figuring out.
    0 Comentários 0 Compartilhamentos 28 Visualizações 0 Anterior
  • WWW.GBNEWS.COM
    George Russell wins Canadian Grand Prix Sprint after colliding with teammate Kimi Antonelli
    George Russell has won the Canadian Grand Prix sprint race as tensions grew between the Mercedes teammates.The British driver and his Italian colleague, Kimi Antonelli, engaged in a fierce battle that saw the pair make contact on track, with Antonelli departing the circuit on multiple occasions during their wheel-to-wheel combat.What had been a simmering rivalry between the two championship contenders finally reached boiling point in Montreal, with the younger driver left furious at his teammate's defensive tactics. The flashpoints began on lap six after both Mercedes cars had maintained their front-row grid positions through the opening corners. TRENDINGStoriesVideosYour SayAntonelli attempted to overtake around the outside at turn one, only to find himself forced onto the grass, though he managed to retain second position. Moments later on the same lap, the Italian misjudged his braking at turn eight and careered through the grass, cutting across the chicane entirely. The error allowed McLaren's Lando Norris to slip past into second place. Antonelli acknowledged responsibility for the chicane incident, explaining that a bump had unsettled his car and compromised his race.LATEST SPORTS NEWSHull City win Championship play-off final in dramatic fashion and return to Premier LeagueCeltic cruise past Dunfermline to win Scottish Cup and do the doubleBBC and ITV reject showing World Cup half-time performance on TV With under two laps remaining, he made another ambitious attempt to pass Norris at turn one but again ran wide.Antonelli voiced his frustrations over team radio, insisting Russell had forced him off the circuit and warranted a penalty. Team principal Toto Wolff, who communicates directly with drivers during races, intervened to tell his young charge to "concentrate on the driving, not on the radio moaning". The Italian continued his complaints during the cooldown lap, prompting Wolff to respond once more: "Kimi, we talk about this privately, not on the radio."Speaking after the race, Antonelli maintained his position on the turn one incident. He said: "It was a tough battle. I need to review that. I tried to make my move but I was quite well alongside and got pushed off."Russell's triumph represents a crucial swing in the championship standings, reducing his deficit to Antonelli from a more substantial margin to just 18 points. The victory proved particularly timely for the Briton, arriving after his teammate had secured three consecutive grand prix wins. Norris finished second with Antonelli completing the podium in third, the trio having raced nose to tail throughout the closing stages. Oscar Piastri secured fourth for McLaren after overtaking Lewis Hamilton's Ferrari at the final corner, with Charles Leclerc subsequently demoting the seven-time world champion to sixth. Max Verstappen endured a solitary afternoon in seventh, unable to match the pace of those ahead, while Racing Bull's Arvid Lindblad collected the final point in eighth.Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter
    0 Comentários 0 Compartilhamentos 30 Visualizações 0 Anterior