• WWW.CLICK2HOUSTON.COM
    Prosecutor drops murder charge against shooter at Chiefs rally and cites self defense laws
    A man who initially faced a murder charge for opening fire following the Kansas City Chiefs 2024 Super Bowl win was sentenced Monday to two years in prison in a case prosecutors said was complicated by the state's self-defense laws. Dominic Miller, who pleaded guilty to a weapons charge as part of a plea deal, was among at least six people to start shooting in the melee that sent players, city officials and hundreds of fans scrambling for cover, according to court records.The gunfire erupted outside Kansas Citys historic Union Station as the celebration that drew an estimated 1 million fans was concluding. Lisa Lopez-Galvan, the host of a local radio show, was killed while watching the rally with her family. About two dozen other people, many of them children, were wounded but survived.All told, 12 people brandished firearms, with the guns found at the scene including at least two AR-style rifles, according to court records. Under Missouris self-defense and defense-of-others doctrines, we must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that any charged defendant was the initial aggressor or did not act in lawful self-defense or defense of others to overcome justification, the Jackson County prosecutor's office said in a written statement. An email seeking comment was sent to Miller's attorney. The second-degree murder charge Miller initially faced carried a sentence of 10 years to life in prison. But Missouri is among more than 30 states that have adopted some version of stand-your-ground laws over the past two decades. While earlier laws allowed people to use force to protect themselves in their homes, the stand-your-ground principle provides even broader self-defense rights regardless of the location.Police and prosecutors have said the shooting barrage started when one group of people confronted another for staring at them. Lyndell Mays is accused of being the first person to start firing. After that, a 15-year-old began to shoot toward Mays and hit Miller, who also admitted firing several shots. Authorities initially said ballistics linked the bullet that killed Galvan to a handgun Miller admitted firing, but prosecutors said in their latest statement that there wasn't enough evidence to confirm his shot caused Galvan's death. The statement said Galvan's family was consulted and that they understood the legal challenges. The greatest justice would be having Lisa back, but since that is not possible, accountability still matters, the family said in a statement released through the prosecutor's office. We also share the hope expressed in court that change can come from this and that people recognize the importance of making better choices.Mays, meanwhile, is scheduled to stand trial next year on charges that include second-degree murder. The 15-year-old involved was sentenced previously to a state facility for youths.
    0 Commentarii 0 Distribuiri 146 Views 0 previzualizare
  • WWW.GBNEWS.COM
    West Ham into FA Cup quarter-finals after audacious Brentford penalty attempt goes disastrously wrong in shoot-out
    West Ham secured their place in the FA Cup quarter-finals for the first time since 2016 after prevailing 5-3 in a dramatic penalty shootout against Brentford following a thrilling 2-2 draw.The decisive moment came when Brentford's Dango Ouattara attempted an audacious Panenka-style effort from the spot, only for Hammers goalkeeper Alphonse Areola to comfortably gather the tame chip.Konstantinos Mavropanos then stepped up to dispatch the winning penalty, sending the three-time FA Cup winners through to face Leeds at home in the last eight.The Burkina Faso forward was the sole player to miss during the shootout, extending Brentford's agonising wait for a quarter-final appearance since 1989.TRENDINGStoriesVideosYour SayCaptain Jarrod Bowen and Igor Thiago had each netted twice during an entertaining initial 90 minutes.The hosts broke the deadlock in the 19th minute when England international Bowen prodded home from close range after Brentford defender Kristoffer Ajer inadvertently knocked down Mateus Fernandes' delivery into the box.Thiago drew the Bees level nine minutes later in somewhat fortunate circumstances, with Nathan Collins' header deflecting off the Brazilian striker's midriff and trickling past Areola for his 20th goal of the campaign.The contest swung back in West Ham's favour on 34 minutes following a VAR intervention.Referee Andrew Madley initially waved play on when Michael Kayode brought down Adama Traore inside the area, but reversed his decision after consulting the pitchside monitor.Bowen made no mistake from twelve yards, sending Caoimhin Kelleher the wrong way with a composed finish into the bottom-left corner.The second period proved a far more cagey affair, with clear-cut opportunities at a premium.Bowen came closest to completing his hat-trick, forcing Kelleher into a sharp save as the Hammers captain sought a third goal.Brentford had struggled to create meaningful chances until they were handed a lifeline through West Ham's own doing.Substitute Crysencio Summerville pushed Kayode in the back as the defender attempted to meet an Ouattara cross, with referee Madley pointing to the spot.Thiago showed no hesitation, hammering the resulting penalty beyond Areola in the 81st minute to haul his side level and force an additional 30 minutes.The Brazilian's second goal of the evening ensured the tie would require extra-time to separate the two sides.Both sides went close to snatching victory during the additional period, with Brentford substitute Romelle Donovan firing over the crossbar when well placed.At the opposite end, West Ham replacements Callum Wilson and Axel Disasi both threatened to settle matters before the shootout became inevitable.When penalties arrived, Ouattara's ill-judged attempt to chip Areola down the centre proved the decisive error, with the goalkeeper simply catching the ball.Mavropanos kept his composure to seal West Ham's progression, booking a home tie against Leeds in the quarter-finals.The victory marks the Hammers' first appearance in the last eight since their final season at Upton Park in 2015-16.Manager Nuno Espirito Santo had made seven changes to his starting lineup with Premier League survival remaining the club's primary concern.Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter
    0 Commentarii 0 Distribuiri 147 Views 0 previzualizare
  • WWW.BBC.COM
    Frost pregnancy tip came from 'good source', ex-Mail journalist tells court
    Katie Nicholl denies she got sensitive medical information about the actress though unlawful means.
    0 Commentarii 0 Distribuiri 132 Views 0 previzualizare
  • WWW.SPORTSCHAU.DE
    Paralympics: Das wird am vierten Wettkampftag wichtig
    Der vierte Wettkampftag bei den Paralympics steht an: Was wird heute wichtig? Die Highlights des Tages im berblick.[mehr]
    0 Commentarii 0 Distribuiri 129 Views 0 previzualizare
  • WWW.OURSPORTSCENTRAL.COM
    Gwinnett Stripers, Gray Media Announce 2026 Television Broadcast Partnership
    LAWRENCEVILLE, Georgia - The Gwinnett Stripers, Triple-A affiliate of the Atlanta Braves, and Gray Media have announced a continuation of their partne... - IL Gwinnett Stripers
    0 Commentarii 0 Distribuiri 123 Views 0 previzualizare
  • RMCSPORT.BFMTV.COM
    "Pas bon en politique", "pas charismatique", mais "travailleur": la mise au point de Michel Platini sur Gianni Infantino, son ancien numro 2
    Invit de lAfter Foot ce lundi sur RMC, Michel Platini est revenu sur ses rcentes piques adresses Gianni Infantino, le prsident de la Fifa, avec qui il est en froid. Lancien n10 des Bleus estime que le dirigeant helvtico-italien, avec qui il a travaill lUEFA, na pas la carrure pour tre le patron du football mondial.
    0 Commentarii 0 Distribuiri 133 Views 0 previzualizare
  • WWW.FOXSPORTS.COM
    2026 UFL Title Odds: Birmingham Stallions, D.C. Defenders Top Board
    The D.C. Defenders secured the 2025 UFL championship in dominant fashion, toppling the Michigan Panthers 58-34 in the title game. It was the first UFL championship for D.C. and now the reigning champions look to defend their place on the throne. But will they be able to beat out Birmingham an organization that won the spring football championship in 2022, 2023 and 2024? Here are the latest odds at DraftKings Sportsbook as of March 9. This page may contain affiliate links to legal sports betting partners. If you sign up or place a wager, FOX Sports may be compensated. Read more about Sports Betting on FOX Sports. 2026 UFL Champion Birmingham Stallions: +340 (bet $10 to win $44 total)D.C. Defenders: +370 (bet $10 to win $47 total)Dallas Renegades: +475 (bet $10 to win $57.50 total)Orlando Storm: +550 (bet $10 to win $65 total)St. Louis Battlehawks: +650 (bet $10 to win $75 total)Louisville Kings: +1200 (bet $10 to win $130 total)Houston Gamblers: +1500 (bet $10 to win $160 total) Here is what to know about the oddsboard: The Favorites: Even though Birmingham (+340) fell short of winning the title last season, the Stallions have been the team to beat since 2022, winning the championship that season and then again in 2023 and 2024. And now they've got a new head coach in AJ McCarron, the former University of Alabama quarterback who had stints playing the position for several NFL teams and for the UFL's Battlehawks. But the Defenders aren't too far behind at +370. They are led by QB Jordan Ta'amu, who earned UFL Championship MVP honors in the title game after passing for 390 yards, completing 21 of 28 passes, along with four touchdowns. Bottom of the Board: With the longest odds in this market is Houston at +1500. So bettors who really like testing their luck might consider taking a gamble here. Last season, it went 5-5, with one of its biggest wins coming in Week 5, a 27-3 victory over San Antonio. Can Houston now that it has been rebranded to the Gamblers from the Roughnecks make some noise in 2026?
    0 Commentarii 0 Distribuiri 104 Views 0 previzualizare
  • Mohammad Amir Tears Into Mitchell Santner Over Tactical Blunder As His India Prediction Backfires
    Mohammad Amir targeted New Zealand captain Mitchell Santner as his tactical blunders helped India clinch a 96-run victory in the T20 World Cup 2026 final.
    0 Commentarii 0 Distribuiri 112 Views 0 previzualizare
  • WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM
    2026 Players Championship storylines: Change in the air? Is Collin Morikawa surging at the right time?
    The PGA Tour's biggest tournament comes with major aspirations -- in more than one way
    0 Commentarii 0 Distribuiri 102 Views 0 previzualizare
  • SPORTS.YAHOO.COM
    Safety Reed Blankenship and the Texans agree on $24.75 million, 3-year contract, AP source says
    Safety Reed Blankenship is going to the Houston Texans on a $24.75 million, three-year contract, a person with knowledge of the details told The Associated Press on Monday.The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the contract cant be finalized until the start of the league year on Wednesday.Blankenship played an integral role in the secondary with the Eagles, helping Philadelphia win the Super Bowl after the 2024 season.Blankenship started 50 games over the past three seasons and has nine interceptions in four years. He signed with the Eagles as an undrafted free agent after the 2022 draft.The Texans had the NFLs No. 1 defense in 2025.___AP NFL: https://apnews.com/hub/NFL
    0 Commentarii 0 Distribuiri 125 Views 0 previzualizare