• WWW.CLICK2HOUSTON.COM
    Trey Yesavage outduels Cam Schlittler in marquee matchup as Blue Jays top Yankees 2-1
    Trey Yesavage outpitched Cam Schlittler in a marquee matchup between young aces, and the Toronto Blue Jays edged the New York Yankees 2-1 on Wednesday night.Following a rain delay that lasted more than two hours, the right-handers traded zeros until the seventh inning when Toronto loaded the bases with nobody out on an infield single, a walk and a bunt single. Andrs Gimnez then fouled off seven pitches, five with two strikes, before drawing an 11-pitch walk that scored Ernie Clement and chased Schlittler. One out later, Vladimir Guerrero Jr. lofted a sacrifice fly against Jake Bird to make it 2-0.Yesavage (2-1) allowed just two hits and walked none while striking out eight over six shutout innings. The 22-year-old rookie has a 1.07 ERA in five starts after missing the first month this season due to a right shoulder impingement.Three of his strikeouts came against three-time AL MVP Aaron Judge, who fanned all four times up.Mason Fluharty, Jeff Hoffman and Tyler Rogers combined for six outs before the Yankees threatened against Louis Varland in the ninth. He gave up two hits and Paul Goldschmidts run-scoring comebacker before striking out Amed Rosario with a 99 mph fastball to earn his sixth save.The 25-year-old Schlittler (6-2) permitted eight hits and two walks with seven strikeouts as his major league-leading ERA rose to 1.50.It was the first time Yesavage and Schlittler have squared off after both authored dominant performances as rookies in the postseason last year. Schlittler struck out 12 over eight innings in a 4-0 win against rival Boston in the decisive game of their AL Wild Card Series to advance New York to the Division Series versus Toronto, where Yesavage tossed 5 1/3 hitless innings with 11 strikeouts in a Game 2 victory over the Yankees.The start Wednesday night was delayed by rain for 2 hours, 11 minutes.Blue Jays right fielder Jess Snchez was shaken up in the seventh after diving for Goldschmidt's bloop single. Snchez left the game but simply had the wind knocked out of him and is day-to-day, manager John Schneider said. Up nextLHP Carlos Rodn (0-1, 5.63 ERA) pitches for the Yankees in Thursdays series finale. The Blue Jays hadn't announced a scheduled starter, though RHP Spencer Miles (1-0, 2.55) is expected to pitch bulk innings in some capacity.___AP MLB: https://apnews.com/hub/mlb
    0 Commentarii 0 Distribuiri 9 Views 0 previzualizare
  • WWW.GBNEWS.COM
    Alan Shearer agrees with Gary Lineker over Southampton 'spygate' scandal punishment criticism
    Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer reckon Southampton's ejection from the Championship play-off final is far too severe for what they did.The broadcasting duo shared their thoughts on The Rest is Football podcast, with both suggesting a substantial financial penalty would have been the right call instead."I must say I was shocked at that news that broke this afternoon," Lineker said. "I'm not sure the crime warrants this punishment."He described the incident as "a little guy with an iPhone filming" and pointed out this sort of thing has been happening for years."A giant fine would have probably suffice it, I would think," the former England striker added.Shearer, who played for the Saints from 1988 to 1992, backed his colleague's view entirely.The scandal centres on Southampton sending a performance analyst to secretly record Middlesbrough's training ahead of their semi-final clash.The analyst was caught in the act after capturing video and photographs, which were then deleted.But it didn't stop there the club owned up to conducting surveillance on three different teams throughout the campaign.An independent commission delivered its verdict on Tuesday evening, booting Southampton out of the play-offs despite their 2-1 aggregate victory over Boro.On top of losing their Wembley spot, the Saints were slapped with a four-point deduction for next season.Middlesbrough had pushed hard for this outcome, insisting removal from the final was "the only appropriate response" to protect "sporting integrity and fair competition.""I know they've appealed and the appeal is tomorrow, but I'm with you in terms of the crime and the punishment," Shearer explained.The former Newcastle striker referenced Marcelo Bielsa's similar spying incident, noting that Leeds were only fined when their manager was caught doing the same thing."I was expecting more of a huge fine rather than full expulsion from the final," he said.Shearer didn't hold back on criticising his old club's behaviour, calling it "bonkers" and "stupid."But he understood why Middlesbrough pursued such a strong response after feeling wronged.The financial stakes are enormous potentially hundreds of millions of pounds in lost Premier League revenue."The fans are the ones who suffer," Shearer added. "They're the ones who pay their money every single week, year after year. The fans are the ones that have been punished."Southampton's legal team reportedly worked through the night preparing their challenge, and a ruling on the appeal is expected later today.The club's lawyers are said to be confident the decision will be overturned.In the meantime, Middlesbrough have been told their Wembley date with Hull City will kick off at 3.30pm on Saturday.The EFL confirmed the final remains scheduled for 23 May, with Boro now reinstated following Tuesday's ruling."We believe this sends out a clear message for the future of our game regarding sporting integrity and conduct," Middlesbrough said in a statement.Should Southampton successfully appeal and win back their place, the showpiece will revert to its original 4.30pm start time.Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter
    0 Commentarii 0 Distribuiri 22 Views 0 previzualizare
  • WWW.BBC.COM
    The Papers: 'Don't cap food prices' and '20ft from WW3'
    A backlash against a food price cap proposal and Russian jets "buzz RAF spy plane" lead Thursday's papers.
    0 Commentarii 0 Distribuiri 11 Views 0 previzualizare
  • WWW.FOXNEWS.COM
    Paul McCartney reveals how a 'happy' teen hitchhiking trip with George Harrison delivered a shock
    Paul McCartney shared a humorous memory from his teenage years with fellow Beatle George Harrison involving an electric milk truck and an unfortunate shock.During a recent appearance on "The Rest Is History" podcast, McCartney reflected on a hitchhiking trip the pair took as teenagers while traveling toward Wales.The 83-year-old musician said the experience later inspired part of a song featured on his upcoming album "The Boys of Dungeon Lane," which is scheduled for release later this month.POPULAR ACTOR EXPOSES MASSIVE INSECT SCARE AT CHEAP MOTEL DURING MEMORABLE GIGMcCartney told host Tom Holland that the two accepted a ride from a slow-moving electric "milk float," a type of delivery vehicle commonly used in Britain at the time."Those were the only vehicles we knew that were electric, [and this one] went about four miles an hour," McCartney said. "But it was a lift, so we were quite happy."He said the driver sat on one side of the vehicle, while a large battery occupied the center area between the seats.CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTERGeorge Harrison ended up sitting directly on top of the battery.Everything appeared normal until Harrisons jeans accidentally made contact with part of the battery through a zipper on his back pocket."Bang! He jumps up," McCartney recalled, yelling, Ahhh!'"Turns out "the battery gave him a bolt."CLICK HERE FOR MORE LIFESTYLE STORIESMcCartney said Harrison later showed him the result of the "bolt." The incident left Harrison with what looked like "a great big zip tattooed into his bum."The Beatles star also recalled recently speaking with Harrisons widow, Olivia Harrison, about the story.TEST YOURSELF WITH OUR LATEST LIFESTYLE QUIZMcCartney said she remembered hearing the story differently and believed that he McCartney had been the one shocked, not Harrison.He added that the mix-up showed how memories can change over time."I think it's amazing the way memory does that. It can just morph," he said.Harrison died in 2001 at age 58 after a battle with cancer.The guitarist and songwriter was a member of The Beatles alongside McCartney, John Lennon and Ringo Starr.McCartneys upcoming album is called "The Boys of Dungeon Lane" and is set to be released May 29.
    0 Commentarii 0 Distribuiri 18 Views 0 previzualizare
  • WWW.SPORTSCHAU.DE
    Zwei Mal auf den letzten Drcker - Frth und Essen kmpfen um Liga zwei
    Die SpVgg Greuther Frth und Rot-Weiss Essen konnten sich beide am letzten Spieltag in die Relegation retten. Dort kmpfen die beiden Teams nun um einen Platz in der 2. Bundesliga.[mehr]
    0 Commentarii 0 Distribuiri 11 Views 0 previzualizare
  • WWW.OURSPORTSCENTRAL.COM
    Lions in Langford Round Two Set for this Weekend
    (Langford) - For a second consecutive season, the BC Lions are Vancouver Island-bound to begin their pre-season slate, as the squad hosts the Edmonton... - CFL B.C. Lions
    0 Commentarii 0 Distribuiri 11 Views 0 previzualizare
  • WWW.OURSPORTSCENTRAL.COM
    Dragons Make History in Wednesday Victory Over TinCaps
    FORT WAYNE, Ind. - The Fort Wayne TinCaps were a part of history in Wednesday's 22-8 loss to the Dayton Dragons (Reds affiliate).Dayton (24-17) se... - MWL Fort Wayne TinCaps
    0 Commentarii 0 Distribuiri 11 Views 0 previzualizare
  • WWW.OURSPORTSCENTRAL.COM
    Dallas Wings Partner with Belk
    Arlington, TX - The Dallas Wings and Belk, a department store chain with nearly 300 stores across 16 states in the Southeast, announced a partnership ... - WNBA Dallas Wings
    0 Commentarii 0 Distribuiri 13 Views 0 previzualizare
  • RMCSPORT.BFMTV.COM
    DIRECT. Mercato: le montant fou attendu par Bournemouth pour Eli Kroupi Junior, dans le viseur d'Arsenal
    Suivez en live toutes les infos et rumeurs du mercato quelques semaines de l'ouverture du march d't dont la premire partie se tiendra en mme temps que la Coupe du monde (11 juin-19 juillet).
    0 Commentarii 0 Distribuiri 35 Views 0 previzualizare
  • RMCSPORT.BFMTV.COM
    "Je ne suis pas mort": Uini Atonio se confie aprs son accident cardiaque qui a mis fin sa carrire
    Victime d'un accident cardiaque en janvier dernier, Uini Atonio a donn de ses nouvelles ce dimanche sur Canal+. L'ancien pilier du XV de France s'est montr rassurant pour sa premire prise de parole depuis l'arrt brutal de sa carrire sportive.
    0 Commentarii 0 Distribuiri 20 Views 0 previzualizare